BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER- DOMESTIC NY/NJ MARKET
Description: Here’s what you will do.
- Responsible for driving new business development activities and promoting TransGroup brand affinity and synergies in the marketplace.
- Actively working with impact prospects to propose the best possible customer solution and secure profitable new business for the organization.
- Work with North American and Global counterparts on focused opportunities
- Monitor the deadlines for opportunities and sales reporting.
- Identification of potential areas to enhance our Gross Profit and promote creative opportunities for growth.
- Update weekly reporting and maintain an active pipeline of opportunities.
- Proactively seeking feedback and monitoring market trends within the field of competition
- Ensuring onboarding communication is effectively deployed and the team is in alignment.
- Provide leadership in the region and support to your Director as requested
Duties: Here’s how you will be successful with us.
- Develop a clear strategy in support of our forecast and revenue goals.
- Engage and work with teams throughout organization to drive deliverables.
- Expand our client base in North America and working collaboratively through the region to secure new business and share of wallet opportunities
- Drive cross channel collaboration and sell multi modal solution designs that offer a leveraged position for the organization
- Work closely with, and in sync with, the Station Manager as well as your peers in support of high-level initiatives, both creating and driving projects to a positive result
- Maintains effective & productive relationships with staff and customers.
- Provides professional communication with customers both internal and external
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements: Here’s what you bring.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in Commercial Sales the Freight Forwarding industry.
- Superior phone prospecting skills
- Proficient resourcefulness and creativity
- Leadership capabilities to manage an active portfolio and knowledge of operational protocols
- Multi-tasking skills
- Organized professional
- Priorities and time management skills
- Superior global geographical knowledge
- Practical sales experience in North American Load Brokerage related to FTL, LTL, Specialty Equipment and Intermodal.
- Expedited Ground and Air Freight sales experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $75,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year based on experience