This position will primarily be responsible for supporting the Branch Manager and Logistics Manager in the operational and sales development of the branch for Magellan Transport Logistics (MTL). Continuously working with BM & LM on branch sales and operations while demonstrating the proper tools and techniques in developing a quality, cost efficient carrier base, along with developing a core, revenue generating customer base.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with internal MTL personnel, along with external vendors, suppliers, and customers.
- Tender shipments to carriers, while providing the necessary tracing reports to customers and BM.
- Inspire credibility to all branch personnel by demonstrating the ability to process and operate all modes of transportation, along with sales achievements.
- Trace and track daily shipments to ensure proper pick-up and delivery expectations are met.
- Back office support to include invoicing customers, approving vendor payments, and ensuring proper receipt of paperwork.
- Develop the skills to maintain a strong, credit worthy customer base for branch and company.
- Regular customer and carrier visitations to outline all of MTL qualified service offerings.
- Generate large carrier base with the corporate beliefs of honesty and ethics.
- Assist in managing all day to day operations and sales efforts for branch.
- Pricing brokerage services based upon knowledge of lane and carrier capacity information while keeping company margin goals within set guidelines.
- Negotiate rates, and establish service expectations with carriers for brokerage services. Verify carrier qualifications in regards to insurance, operating authority and credit.
- Effectively source truckload capacity.