FUEL TRANSPORT DRIVER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Founded in 1967, the Luke Family of Brands has served Northwest Indiana for more than 50 years. Our Mission is to consistently provide solid growth opportunities for all partners and associates who qualify. The Luke Family of Brands has established an outstanding reputation for quality service to our customers. Credit for this accomplishment goes to every one of our associates. As a family-owned retailer, our most important responsibility is to completely satisfy our customers. We strive to set the standard in our industry, and as an associate of Luke, you have the opportunity to make this difference on a daily basis. The Luke Family of Brands continues to grow. We are now Luke Convenience Stores, LiqGo Liquor Stores/Smoke Shops, Luke Oil, Luke $5 Car Wash and County Line Orchard!
The primary purpose of the Fuel Transport Driver is to load, unload and deliver petroleum products to our customers in a safe, efficient and professional manner. The driver reports directly to the dispatchers and the Transportation Manager.
Fuel Transport Driver duties will include but are not limited to:
- Meet all medical/licensing standards as established by the Department of Transportation
- Drive to destination in accordance with all federal, state and local laws / regulations
- Shift Manual Transmission and Operating foot pedals
- Drive and deliver products during various types of weather, which may cause surfaces to be wet and slippery and involve temperature extremes
- Walk up or down steps and have no difficulty with heights
- Lift up to 75 lbs. from ground to waist height
- Flexible to work various shifts, extra shifts, and/or hours to ensure business needs are met, including the ability to work various a.m. and p.m. schedules seven days a week 365 days a year
- Accurately complete required documentation either manually or with the use of technology (bill of lading, invoices, driver logs, mileage records, reports, etc.)
- Perform mathematical calculations
- Develop and maintain a professional and respectful relationship with company, colleagues, and coworkers
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to follow instructions and take directions
- Deliver petroleum to commercial and wholesale entities
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance of the truck
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Must hold a valid Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements
- TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credentials) card required in some locations
- At minimum, two years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience logging at least 130,000 miles
- No more than one moving violation in commercial vehicle or in personal vehicle in the past 36 months
- Accident-free driving record in commercial vehicle or in personal vehicle in the past 5 years
- Never had DUI/DWI in commercial vehicle or personal vehicle
- Must meet all DOT requirements
The Fuel Transport Driver works part-time to full-time. Open availability is required.
The Commercial Logistics Coordinator is a load-based position.
Please apply online at www.lukebrands.com.