Reinhart Foodservice is a part of the Reyes Family of Businesses and is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. Providing food, supplies and equipment to independent restaurants, delis, sporting venues, schools, nursing homes, hospitals, the military and chain accounts, we are dedicated to driving the success of our customers and the communities we serve. We are also committed to the highest levels of safety and service.
Reinhart is a family-owned enterprise with values to match. We are members of the towns in which we live and work, and we support the fight to end hunger by volunteering, hosting donation drives and sharing our resources with local food banks. We are proud to win with the best people and we provide our employees with ample opportunities to learn and develop their careers.
Class A CDL drivers efficiently deliver the right product to customer accounts in a courteous, professional, compliant, safe and timely manner. Drivers use a multitude of methods including manual lifting, use of two wheel dolly, ramps, and/or carts in multi-temperature environments.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Safe and professional operation of a commercial motor vehicle, including but not limited to: Combination vehicles, straight trucks, or other vehicles such as pick-up trucks and service vans with a GVWR or GCWR over 10,001 lbs.
- Complete pre-trip, in-route, and post-trip inspections of equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles in congested areas with limited space and potential obstacles.
- Comply with all applicable Department of Transportation regulations including but not limited: Controlled Substances, Commercial Driver Licensing, Driver Qualification, CMV Operation, Hours of Service; CSA inspections and compliance, Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance, etc.
- Maintain an acceptable driving record in compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations and Reyes Fleet Safety Policy.
- Utilize an on board computer to track hours of service.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Safely and accurately unload and deliver multi-temperature product to customers utilizing a variety of preferred methods including lift gates, carts, conveyers, hand trucks, and/or pallet jacks.
- Utilize barcode scanners at the point of delivery as required to verify delivered product.
- Pick up returned product as required.
- Accurately complete delivery and pick up paperwork.
- Maintain contact with Dispatch to receive delivery or pick up instructions or changes in scheduled deliveries or pick-ups.
- Maintain route plan as provided by Dispatch. Communicate to Dispatch any barriers to maintaining the route plan so any changes can be communicated to the customer.
- Maintain knowledge and comprehension of all applicable Department of Transportation regulations and Company policies through Company training and certifications.
- Observe all local, state and federal laws and ordinances.
- Abide by all Reyes Holdings Company policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Drivers must have a valid Class A CDL license for interstate commerce.
- Minimum of 1 year driving experience with a Class A-CDL or equivalent military driving experience.
- We are an interstate carrier, by law you must be at least 21 years of age.
- Candidates must have a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Must be able to operate a two-wheel cart up and down a delivery ramp.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required
- This position must pass a post-offer background, DOT physical, and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Route delivery unloading experience
- Customer service experience.
- Food distribution/delivery experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and lift and/or move up to 100 pounds occasionally.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.