Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
Here at Transfix, we are not only building incredible technology solving some of the world’s biggest, most complex, and most important challenges in the freight and logistics industry; We are also helping protect our environment and are passionate about making the world a better place by increasing sustainability and eliminating the extreme amount of waste that currently exists in our industry.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Transfix works with some of the largest Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
About the Role:
Transfix is on an exciting growth path, and we are looking for an Inside Sales Executive to join our team and help us drive that continued growth. In this role, you’ll be pursuing goals of prospecting, identifying, engaging, and closing business among our small to mid-market customers. Reporting to our Manager of Inside Sales, you will play an outsized role in growing the small to mid-market segment for Transfix.
Our team is smart, competitive, high-energy and motivated. If you are ready for a high energy position with a fast growing company, keep reading!
Location Note: This role will be located in Atlanta, GA and will be 100% in office for training, and following the training period will be a hybrid 3 days in office, 2 days remote role.
In this Role You Will:
- Build a strong book of business to drive or exceed revenue, margin, and load volume goals with customers in the small to midsize business (midmarket) segment
- Develop and deliver sales reporting (forecast, pipeline, goals, and results) to the leadership team
- Make customer calls, lead meetings, and close new business
- Mange your existing pipeline, and build a pipeline with new customers and opportunities
- Ensure all sales activity is properly documented in our CRM (Salesforce) Establish, cultivate, and maintain client relationships; solicit customer feedback to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Manage customer escalations; solve logistical problems in a fast-paced environment to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of shipments
- Follow established SOPs and other processes to ensure best-practices for successful attainment, onboarding, and retention of customers
- Be part of an exciting, high-energy, and results-driven sales culture!
You’re an Excellent Fit for this Role if:
- You have 2+ years of sales experience within the freight, transportation, and/or logistics industry
- You have a track record of successfully meeting (or beating) your quota and other sales-related goals
- You have strong experience with the entire sales lifecycle, from prospecting to developing and winning business
- You are energized by the idea of being part of an evolving team during a time of rapid growth and change - we are moving and growing quickly at Transfix!
- You understand how to work well across various teams within an organization, and with various stakeholders; you are a strong communicator who understands how to influence without direct authority through listening, collaboration, and action
- You’ve got a burning desire to win! You are a motivated goal-setter and are happiest when you’re meeting your personal goals and company goals
- You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy and keeps things fun
- You are open and available to travel up to 10% for potential team for company-wide gatherings and events
What You can Expect from Transfix
- This position will be 100% in office for training, and following the training period will be a hybrid 3 days in office, 2 days remote role.
- This role pays a competitive base salary, depending on experience level, uncapped commission, as well as Restricted Stock Units (equity) in Transfix.
- This role is Non-Exempt, so you will also be paid 1.5x your prorated hourly salary for any overtime (over 40 hours).
- We offer 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision health benefit premiums. That's $0 out of your paycheck.
- We offer 3 months of parental leave, fertility coverage, childcare support, pet insurance, gym reimbursement, unlimited sick days, generous PTO, and have 7 company holidays + 3 floating holidays.
- Career growth! We are growing quickly and prioritize developing our teams to meet their full potential and promoting from within.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Sustainability. Approximately 40 % of our executive Leadership team is female, and half of our employee population is BIPOC. We have several incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), such as Pride@, Somos@, ForTheCulture@, AAPI@ and Women@, and are committed to continuously improving diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice every single day.
Transfix is deeply committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our hiring, programming, and in our work both internally and externally. We recognize how critical diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice are to achieving our mission, our growth, and our success. In support of this commitment, some of our focuses include (but are not limited to):
- Developing policies, procedures, and services to our employees, carriers, and shippers that uplift and protect to prevent inequalities
- Building relationships among our employees, customers, and supporters that are reflective of our community
- Prioritizing the inclusion of diverse communities and underrepresented groups in internal leadership
- Fostering a culture of compassion, empathy, open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusivity
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for continuous education, discourse, and engagement related to issues of equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice
Transfix is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Transfix are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, and are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. It is Transfix’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. Transfix does not and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Transfix encourages applicants of all ages.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.