National Key Account Manager Overview:
The role of the National Key Account Manager (NKAM) focuses on growing assigned existing company key customers and to source, sell and close new account opportunities within related industries. To that end, NKAM is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the decision makers and organizational layers of strategic customers to ensure alignment with the key stakeholders within Tucker Company Worldwide. NKAM will coordinate daily with the Customer Experience Manager (CXM) to ensure that we are capturing opportunities, evaluating options, and providing the customer with excellent communication. The NKAM’s goal is to continually identify, service, and develop strong relationships within existing customers through continual needs assessment, solution development, and regular business and strategy reviews. The company expects the NKAM to be a consummate professional in all activities relating to representing the Company, in the office, on the phone, in the field, entertaining customers, and otherwise. The company expects the NKAM to achieve consistent growth, year over year in spread dollars, load count, number of active shipping customers, and in the value of our customer relationships within the Energy and Projects space.
The role of our National Key Account Manager is essential and one that offers individuals a significant opportunity for earnings, advancement, and career satisfaction. Job responsibilities include all duties assigned by the company, and the following by way of example:
• Identify, build, and maintain strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to
understand the opportunities for TCW.
• Coordinate daily with Customer Experience (CXM) and Capacity Managers (CM) on available or active
loads, opportunities, and projects, ensuring the appropriate sense of urgency is understood by all parties.
• Maintain close communication with the customer and TCW’s operations team to assure uniform
understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timelines, cost, and results.
• Provide account intelligence to set, meet, and exceed business revenue goals agreed upon with management.
• Become a subject matter expert in the assigned customers’ industry; be able to speak to specific nuances relative to contract provisions, inbound freight management, and project logistics.
• Drive RFQ responses for the assigned strategic accounts in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
• Work with management to determine the required resources within TCW to identify, develop, and close value creation opportunities.
• Prepare and continually review reports detailing customer performance, savings opportunities, and outlining operational challenges and successes to present during regular business review sessions.
• Create relationships within tier groups (Purchasing, Transportation, Order Processing, Capital Projects (if applicable) Maintenance, etc.) at every stakeholder facility to reinforce site access compliance, identify additional business for TCW, and ensure a consistent message delivery across all tiers.
• Seek, cultivate, and maintain relationships with customer and customer’s vendors to uncover and capture additional business opportunities, as well as monitor for threats to business.
• Generate and close sales from leads within the vendors, consignees, for related and non-related additional business for TCW.
Skills, Education and Experience:
• Prior experience in energy, oil & gas, & refinery projects is preferred
• Prior experience in project management, heavy haul, or project cargo is preferred
• College degree preferred
• Sales experience required
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Familiarity with Power BI and Pivot Tables a plus.