Apr 29, 2022
Sales / Customer Service
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a detail oriented Senior Brokerage Specialist to take on the support shift duties for Schneider Transportation Management (STM) Sales/Brokerage and Carrier Services. You will be brokering, accepting, and tracking freight as well as resolving problems and building a solid working relationship with all customers in order to understand their total service needs. Process insurance updates on current carriers and review the carrier selection criteria to ensure that we meet our carrier guidelines. As a teammate with Schneider, you are part of a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity, respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Broker out freight and negotiate rates with our carriers, as well as accept new freight based on flow, market balance, and rate.
- Review faxes, emails, and take calls from carriers/drivers/customers.
- Anticipate problems and act purposefully to solve them while ensuring all computer information is accurate and up to date.
- Maintain consistent attendance while exhibiting behavior in alignment with our core values.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. We also offer a results-based incentive pay program where you can earn above and beyond your base pay. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses. What are you waiting for? You will love it here!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience and a minimum of one year of prior work experience, Customer Service experience preferred.
- Strong planning & organization skills will assist you in being successful in this role, you must be capable of multitasking and feel comfortable utilizing multiple applications simultaneously.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills, along with excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
Check out our office videos illustrating our open and high energy office culture:
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider’s development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Schneider
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership. Navigate to the following link https://schneider.com/company/corporate-responsibility/diversity-equity-inclusion to learn more about DEI at Schneider.