Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is looking for a Director of User Experience to join our fast paced engineering team. The Director of User Experience (UX) is the principle leader in guiding user interface design and the users experience throughout a product suite. The Director of UX is primarily focused on product usability, scalability, performance, aesthetic appeal, and accessibility.
What you will be doing as a leader:
- Assembling and coordinating the Front End development teams efforts
- Navigating the Design Team through the development of product style guides to ensure consistent and on-brand design systems are implemented
- Coordinating with the Product team to help communicate product vision across teams
- Assisting the Product team to process and address customer feedback around our software applications
- Delegating responsibilities throughout the Front End development team and coordinating efforts within the Design Team
- Participating in efforts to explore new market opportunities for our products
- Working alongside Product, Design, Sales, and Marketing
- Analyzing product’s strengths and limitations relative to consumer experience,
- Executing product strategies
- Maintaining the ultimate liability and accountability for the execution of each of those responsibilities
What you will be doing daily:
- Assisting with the definition of user stories
- Researching and coordinating data visualization and content delivery strategies
- Collaborating with designers to define product style guides and content flow patterns
- Assisting developers with software optimization, caching, and componentization patterns for efficient reuse of component structures and best performance
- Assessing solutions to translate business requirements into content delivery strategies
- Identifying and addressing user pain points in both interface design and content accessibility through user interaction testing and customer interviews
What you bring to the table:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Design, Engineering, or an equivalent in working experience.
- Over 5 years experience in UI/UX management positions, preferably including customer engagement and experience interactions
- 1 - 2 years minimum experience in managing a UX team and delivering projects on a large scale and in a complex business setting
- Skills that ensure accurate interpretation of research information and accurate formulation of the most suitable product solutions and strategies
- Ability to identify and translate market requirements into Product Goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the language of visual communication
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to lead by adoption of best ideas, persuading and being willing to be persuaded (best idea wins)
- Ability to navigate complex situations and tasks with calmness and composure, setting an example for other personnel.
- Proficiency in the use of various tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google suite products
- Ability to anticipate the future needs of the development team and initiate efforts to accomplish business goals
- Have a thorough understanding of design principles, color theory, UI / UX standards and best practices.
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (max one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles