The Alliance Manager is responsible for driving strategic growth within our alliance program and assigned sales accounts. The Alliance Manager identifies and develops new business opportunities with technology partners and maintains existing alliance partner relationships In addition, builds deep relationships with new and existing software alliance partners to enhance product awareness, integrate with partners and help facilitate ease of customer onboarding.
Essential Job Functions
- This is a business development and sales role. Bring on new, develop and manage assigned alliances and customer accounts to position SMC3’s product offerings and value to the supply chain. In addition, individual will have assigned shipper accounts to qualify, develop, manage and grow
- Responsible for meeting alliance and sales goals and targets while simultaneously satisfying the needs of our customers. Identify new alliance partners. Qualify, build relationships and collaborate with potential alliance partners to position the correct products to integrate into their software solutions. Negotiate terms of appropriate licensing agreements.
- Proactively seeks and educates prospective technology and business organizations in the supply chain, financial, transportation, IT implementation and logistics industries on SMC³ products services. In addition, discusses how SMC3’s offerings add strategic value to their product offerings and/or services.
- Collaborate across departments. Works with Client Success, Product teams to effectively manage and facilitate integrations to alliance partners. Works with sales, marketing, etc. in all manners to build business and expedite the onboarding of new and existing customers.
- Identify new Alliance Partners and works with them to identify the correct products to integrate into their software solutions and negotiates terms of the licensing agreement.
- Works with internal resources and Alliance Partners to identify, develop and train Alliance Partners personnel on the value of proposition of SMC³ products and share expertise on the LTL industry.
- Prepares pricing, licensing agreements and contracts for shipper, carrier, 3PL and other customers who use Alliance Partner software solutions and SMC³ products.
- Proficient in customer and senior executive presentations – including developing content for blogs, videos, webcasts and podcasts.
- Keep leadership team informed of issues that may impact strategic business objectives, relationships and related concerns.
- Responsible for managing daily business relationships of Alliance Partners including problem solving and sales issues.
- Responsible for establishment of good customer relationships working with the sales department by maintaining contact through phone, email, customer visits, attendance at industry meetings, tradeshows and alliance group meetings.
- Understand at a high level the overall technology concepts used in today’ business environment; Java, SOA, Web Services, etc…
- 50% nationwide travel required. Some international travel possible.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Professional selling, negotiation and presentation skills required
- Ability to speak about and present a clear understanding of technical and business processes at the highest levels of product development
- Knowledge of contracts and business analysis practices and processes preferred
- Working knowledge of technical documentation and integration workflows
- Experience in the logistics and supply chain area with particular emphasis on solutions development, technical process evaluation, business strategy and relationship management preferred
- 5+ years supply chain, logistics, or technology industry experience preferred
- Understanding of current developments trends and industry best practices\
- Handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Highly technical verbal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Problem Solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Oral Communications
- Written Communications
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.