Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyl’s, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking a Dispatcher. This position will be located at the Niagara Falls, NY location. Additional locations may include Downers Grove, IL.
Olin recognizes that success comes from never being satisfied. We deliver on our commitment to excellence by lifting a diverse and innovative workforce who will define Olin’s future. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity to join our winning team.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Daily load dispatching for assigned drivers and common carriers
- Generate non-conformance notification if load is late, not delivered or rejected
- Contribute to Carrier Score Cards: Service issues, late deliveries, excellent or poor service
- Monitor truck driver’s documentation and reporting daily
- Ensure drivers meet DOT requirements
- Maintain JIT service environment/high touch business
- Achieve targeted Revenue goals for sustaining fleet operations
- Assist in ensuring Fleet equipment compliance
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years professional work experience; customer service and/or logistics setting preferred; planning, scheduling or dispatch experience preferred
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills; team player with customer focused mentality
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must be able to work a rotating on call weekend coverage schedule and rotating overnight weekday coverage schedule
- Position may involve flex hours between 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. so flexibility with scheduling is required
- Prior Olin experience in a relevant position preferred
What's in it for you?
While many of our employees have worked at Olin for their entire career, we constantly strive to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals.
Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
- Paid parental leave and additional leave programs
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective Day 1
- Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
- 401(k) with an employer match and Olin retirement contribution account
- Accelerated vacation accrual
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs, including Volunteer time
- Short term incentive program participation
- Robust rewards and recognition programs
- Pay for Performance Methodology to reward exceptional performance
- Alternate work schedules and arrangements (location/role specific)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Diverse Employee Networks
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.