Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, please apply today!
FreightWaves is looking for a Data Engineer who can develop, construct, test, and maintain architecture, for things such as databases and large-scale processing systems. This person must be confident in recommending and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
What you will be doing:
- Build and support data pipelines from various sources (API, FTP, streaming, cloud storage buckets, etc.) with data in various formats (JSON, CSV, tab delimited, XML, etc.)
- Work closely with our Data Science team to build enriched data sources to better support detailed analysis and customer support
- QA datasets for data integrity and data quality
- Identify ways to improve application and data reliability, resilience, efficiency and quality
- Work directly with data providers to better understand source data
What we are looking for:
- Must have a “cloud first” mentality and embrace the paradigm of cloud services and microservices
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake or GCP and strong working knowledge of the platforms’ services for supporting data pipelines and analytics
- Strong in SQL and Python
- Comfortable on the Linux/Unix and Windows command line
- Comfortable with Git/GitHub and Git workflows
- An excellent start-up work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities.
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team take time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford Vehicles