Want to work for a company that has been named one of the Top 100 Companies to work for in the state of Oregon five times in the past ten years? IDI has that distinction and more...
Summary of this Mid-Senior Level Position
- Geographic responsibility for a five state region in the Midwest with primary focus on Ohio.
- Grow company revenue and profitability via effective management of the sales cycle – from prospecting to selling to closing
- Grow current accounts by developing a “trusted advisor” relationship with key decision makers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and pursue new business opportunities through strategic prospect planning
- Timely follow up on leads and weekly reporting via the lead tracking tool
- Increase sales for existing accounts by selling all IDI services, new products and customer specific solutions
- Lead sales discussions to establish credibility with prospects through an understanding of their business issues and present logical, economically beneficial solutions
- Establish and foster close working relationships with customers towards continued growth and market share with each customer
- Responsible for planning and executing annual volume and revenue increase of 70% new business and 30% current customer business.
- Maximize cross-selling opportunities by working with Directors of Highway Services, Intermodal and Cartage on customer strategies and solutions
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting – lead tracking, pipeline, revenue projections.
- Develop a weekly sales call plan that focuses on business development then account maintenance and growth
- Monitor current customer accounts to watch for trends, volume changes and opportunities.
- Maintain close involvement with accounts to proactively identify additional opportunities and competitive threats
- Develop relationships and rapport with the company’s suppliers domiciled within their territory.
- Assist management in calling on national accounts within the assigned territory.
- Actively use, audit and manage your customer information, meeting notes, etc. in CRM
- Execute a territory plan aimed at identifying the top regional/industry opportunities and expanding business to both new and existing accounts
- Provide assistance to accounting regarding collections and payment issues
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and /or Experience
- Experience related to the transport of freight is necessary for consideration
- College degree preferred but not required
- Requires Intermodal transportation experience
- Requires five years experience in a transportation sales position
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry – Intermodal and Truck Brokerage
- Ability to analyze financial data.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing a sales territory
- Salary - Commensurate with experience
- Performance based Incentive Program
- Car allowance, expense account
- Paid holidays, vacation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with company matching
- Disability insurance
*We will not be offering relocation for this position and will not consider candidates without industry experience.