Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is looking for a QA/Test Engineer to join our fast paced engineering team. The ideal candidate has experience with various testing tools and documentation strategies. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively between the Product team and the Software teams.
A FreightWaves QA/Test Engineer is responsible for implementing and documenting testing for various feature sets for our various applications to ensure consistent, dependable deployments.
What you will be doing:
- Meeting with the software/product designers to determine quality assurance parameters.
- Implementing testing procedures and overseeing the QA process via testing
- Automating manual testing processes to eliminate them
- Conducting analysis checks on product specifications
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures
- Reviewing and Creating Quality Assurance reports
- Supporting the successful deployment of products into the market
- Responding to requests from the design team and management
- Earning the respect of teammates by way of work ethic, quality of work, and mutual respect
- Using a proactive approach to common challenges and by continually researching best practices in QA/testing patterns and implementation
- Collaborating with the product team to define feature requirements
What you bring to the table:
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience (No college, no problem!)
- Minimum of 2 years QA engineering experience
- Passing knowledge of at least one software language (C#, GoLang, Python, other)
- Understanding of various testing tools (browser functional testing like Selenium, performance testing tools, API testing tools like Postman/Insomnia, etc.)
- Understanding of QA documentation and defect reporting
- Great interpersonal and communication skill
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to embrace new testing methodologies and tools
- You value distributed knowledge over silos
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles