Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the logistics industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is looking for an experienced Penetration Tester/Security Analyst to join our fast-paced engineering team. The ideal candidate has experience with various software, hardware, and network testing tools and methodologies, and will be familiar with remediation and documentation strategies. They will have previous experience in the IT field of Information Security, ideally in penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, and remediation.
A FreightWaves Security Analyst will be responsible for conducting regular audits, inspections, and scans in order to ensure our internal and cloud-based network infrastructure are secure.
***This position is 100% remote.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor internal systems for security issues.
- Conduct formal testing on computer and cloud systems.
- Assess the security of computer software and hardware.
- Conduct security audits and legal cyberattack simulations by designing and utilising hacking tools to access designated pieces of data during a predetermined time frame.
- Generate tools for breaking into security systems.
- Detect and remediate system weaknesses.
- Provide recommendations based on an assessment of software, hardware, and cloud systems.
- Implement solutions to enhance data security.
- Document information security processes and policies.
- Facilitate compliance with internal and industry standards and best practices.
What you bring to the table:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, information technology, or a related field. Preference will be shown to candidates with years of experience in information security or comparable experience in related information technology fields.
- High level of attention to detail
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think analytically
- Flexibility to embrace new methodologies, tools, and systems
- Deep knowledge of technical systems and terminology
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Bash, cmd, PowerShell, etc.)
- Ability to identify and exploit vulnerabilities
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Git and Cloud environments, specifically Google Cloud and AWS
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (C-family, Go, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to work with members of multiple teams of differing technical levels and specialties
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools
- Prior experience creating custom scripts to discover, fingerprint and detect ports/services as well as vulnerabilities/weaknesses using Python, Shell scripts, Nmap scripts, etc
- In-depth experience supporting enterprise vulnerability management across IaaS, PaaS, and/or SaaS and mitigation techniques
- Firm understanding of Application vulnerabilities. Familiarity with vulnerabilities in Open Source and 3rd party libraries
- Basic knowledge of Security Frameworks such as NIST, HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, ISO 27001 27002
- Understanding of networking concepts, network security architecture and common modern operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, and mobile device platforms including Android and iOS
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles