Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail? Then we want to meet you! FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is looking for a Software Engineering Manager with a Front End focus to join our fast paced engineering team. The Software Engineering Manager (SEM) is the principal leader in managing the construction and lifecycles of our various user interfaces. The SEM has an engineering background, has a high attention to detail when communicating tasks to engineers, and does well prioritizing people and deliverables . The Software Engineering Manager is primarily focused on timely delivery of stable and resilient interfaces.
***This role is 100% remote.
What you will be doing as a leader:
- Assembling and coordinating the Front End development teams efforts
- Navigating the Design Team through the development of product style guides to ensure consistent and on-brand design systems are implemented
- Coordinating with the Product team to help communicate product vision across teams
- Delegating responsibilities throughout the Front End development team and coordinating efforts within the Design Team
- Working alongside Product, Design, and Backend
- Maintaining the ultimate liability and accountability for the execution of each of those responsibilities
What you will be doing daily:
- Documenting and Grooming tasks into consumable chunks
- Engineering into and troubleshooting the code base as needed
- Assisting developers with software optimization, caching, and componentization patterns for efficient reuse of component structures and best performance
- Assessing solutions to translate business requirements into content delivery strategies
What you bring to the table:
- Over 2 years experience in UI management positions
- Over 2 years experience as a Front End engineer
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least one UI Framework (Vue, React, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to lead by adoption of best ideas, persuading and being willing to be persuaded (best idea wins)
- Ability to dive into code and make recommendations
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership (or virtual membership)
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles