Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto's autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization's success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
About the Role
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? Are you yearning for an opportunity to utilize your creativity to grow a scaling process? We are looking for a Director of Field HSE/DOT to join us on our journey to facilitate a digital revolution in the B2B supply chain. We are a culture-first organization that works relentlessly to maintain our culture.
The Director of Field HSE/DOT heads the company’s efforts to provide industry-leading compliant and safe fleets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Responsible for the standardization, implementation and execution of companywide field safety programs and initiatives.
● Manages the HSE and Senior HSE Managers and provides support.
● Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess compliance with safety regulations and programs.
● Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as incidents, accidents, high risks behaviors and conditions related to HSE and DOT compliance.
● Drafts and presents reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff on KPIs and continual improvement in HSE and DOT compliance.
● Collaborates with management and HSE/DOT Field Department to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
● Provides technical and administrative support to the HSE/DOT Field Department.
● Stops operations and activities that could harm employees, contractors, equipment, the environment and/or the general public.
● Identifies opportunities to mitigate workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems by conducting risk and hazard assessments, collecting, and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and trends.
● Ensures HSE and DOT inspections and audits are being conducted properly to assess compliance with DOT and OSHA regulations.
● Works with driver support to address driver field issues and concerns.
● Reviews accident and incident reports for accuracy and assist in determining corrective actions and root cause.
● Oversees the accident / incident preventability committee.
● Responsible for submitting accident / incident reports.
● Serve as primary customer contact as it relates to field HSE and DOT issues or concerns.
● Other duties and special projects as assigned.
● Good working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
● Excellent process development and management skills with a high attention to detail.
● Highly developed leadership, analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and customer service skills.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
● Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary.
● Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks in an organized fashion.
● Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
● Maintain a willingness to be on call to field accident / incident reports.
● Ability to communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
● Associates or bachelor’s degree (B.A.).
● 5+ years Motor Carrier regulatory Safety and Compliance or related experience and/or training.
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
● Competitive compensation package
● Paid Time Off and Holidays
● Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
● 401(k) retirement plan with company match
● Flex and Health Savings Plans
● Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
● Company-paid parking or RTD pass
● Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
● Tuition Assistance
● Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
● Free or discounted legal program
● Product & Services Discount Program
● Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
● We supply the industry's best hardware and productivity software
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.