Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto's autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization's success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
About the Role
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? Are you yearning for an opportunity to utilize your creativity to grow a scaling process? We are looking for a Senior OTR Field Manager, HSE / DOT to join us on our journey to facilitate a digital revolution in the B2B supply chain. We are a culture-first organization that works relentlessly to maintain our culture.
The Senior OTR Field Manager, HSE / DOT fosters relationships with drivers and small trucking businesses to ensure unparalleled safety measures within the trucking industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures state and national compliance with HSE/DOT regulations.
· Leads and follows up with 3rd party investigations on accidents / incident.
· Reviews accident and incident reports for accuracy and assist in determining corrective actions and root cause.
· Perform accident investigation training to all levels of the Organization
· Work with maintenance vendors to assure PM compliance and demand maintenance are compliant
· Gatekeeper for accident preventable decisions
· Be able to perform driver orientation when needed.
· Assure all active OO driver are up to date on all training.
· Assure proper accountability is delivered for preventable accidents
· Works closely with driver support and dispatch team to resolve driver issues and / or concerns in a timely manner.
· Provides technical and administrative support to the HSE / DOT Department.
· Reviews and analyzes metrics and data such as incidents, accidents, high risks behaviors and conditions related to DOT compliance.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
● Associates or bachelor’s degree (B.A.). Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain, or related field
● 3+ years Commercial Motor Vehicle safety, or related experience and/or training
● Certifications recommended, but not required: Smith System, OSHA 10-hour training
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
● Competitive compensation package
● Paid Time Off and Holidays
● Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
● 401(k) retirement plan with company match
● Flex and Health Savings Plans
● Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
● Company-paid parking or RTD pass
● Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
● Tuition Assistance
● Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
● Free or discounted legal program
● Product & Services Discount Program
● Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
● We supply the industry's best hardware and productivity software
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.