The Staff Engineer is responsible for responding to bids for potential customers of CLMI.
· Determines and retrieves data needed to respond to new business bid on large projects, through sales groups or directly from customer.
· Establishes goals and assumptions and methodology to respond to bid.
· Performs data analysis to determine where to optimization can be used and then performs optimization.
· Summarizes all results and research and presents results to help CLMI win profitable business.
· Maintain a light role in selling new business. Assists sales group at all other phases of the sale including final presentation material.
· Other duties as necessary.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Three to five years of experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.