Siam Logistics, LLC is a certified woman and minority (WBE/MBE) owned freight brokerage firm established in 2009. Our certifications satisfy supplier diversity requirements which is an important selling point when pursuing new business. At its core, Siam defines success not by numbers alone but by loyal, pleased customers and thriving, happy employees. Our employees are the center and only through them do we grow. Come help shape the future of Siam with us!
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to reignite client accounts and sell Siam and its services. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with the ability to listen & analyze customer needs and create solutions that deliver high customer service value. In this role, you will develop and grow new and existing business while maximizing rapport with carriers and customers - utilizing relationships, networking, and negotiations to grow already existing profitable customer accounts.
What you’ll get from us
- Fully remote position – all necessary equipment provided
- Industry competitive salary with bonus structure!
- Full benefits - health, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off in addition to 11 paid company holidays
- 401K with company match
- A company that cares about you and your success
- A work environment that is friendly, helpful, and engaging
What we ask of you
- A drive for selling coupled with a passion for people
- A strong desire to close the sale while also meeting needs and gaining trust
- Serve as an advocate and liaison for Siam's top clients to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Expand current customer accounts through ongoing relationship development
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale, including negotiating rates, identifying carriers, procuring specialized equipment, etc.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the industry and client needs; cultivate a core book of business for consistent and repeatable sales
- Ensure the integrity of the shipment by following standard processes and procedures
- Accept/reject loads, create loads, set appointments, dispatch, track and trace loads, root cause problem and solve issues, and communicate to carrier and/or customer as appropriate
- Update internal tracking and reporting systems throughout the day to maintain accuracy in sales and volume metrics
- Monitor and ensure accurate billing; strive to ensure mutually beneficial business operations
- Grow long term relationships with existing clients by continuously displaying the highest levels of integrity, professionalism, and service at all times.
What you’ll bring
- Associates degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Adept at relationship building and gaining current and new business
- Entrepreneurial sales approach, no set territories.
- Aptitude and appreciation for selling in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactively identify and solve problems
- Able to withstand pressure and manage various levels of urgency
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, quick PC navigation, and follow through abilities.
- Goal oriented, strong work ethic, and a team mentality.
What you’ll need for success
- Use of TAI TMS, Internet Truckstop, DAT, Carrier 411 and Parade
- Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, etc. RingCentral for phones
- Logistics, brokerage, or transportation experience.
- Must be okay with consistent heavy outbound/inbound call volume (100+ per day)
- Cold calling, inside sales and account management.
- Normal working hours are 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM with 1 hr for lunch. After hours may be required depending on customer’s needs.