Nov 10, 2022
Chicago, IL, USA
Sales / Customer Service
Schneider’s Transportation Management (STM) division is seeking a Freight Broker in Chicago, IL to establish and grow a strong book of business by sourcing carrier capacity, negotiating rates to generate revenue growth and ensuring our customers’ freight is delivered on time.
- Become a transportation industry expert during our comprehensive training program and learn how we effectively service our customers.
- Promote our state-of-the-art technology by coaching carriers on how to use our digital tools to improve their business needs.
- Exercise your sales skills by negotiating with and quoting rates with carriers, prospecting new carriers and strengthening relationships with our current carriers.
- Work with winning teams across the organization to problem solve and ensure customer satisfaction and effective freight management.
Skills and qualifications
- Can manage multiple priorities while working with minimal direction.
- Have outstanding communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excited to sell digital solutions to carriers and show them how using our state-of-the-art technology can help them improve their business.
Pay and benefits
- Financial freedom – Earn a competitive base salary plus a generous incentive plan.
- Unlimited growth opportunities – Grow and advance your career with over 170 instructor and/or self-led courses.
- Flexibility – Enjoy a supportive work-life balance.
- Generous benefits – Take advantage of paid time off, paid holidays, tuition assistance, health care, 401(k) with company match and more!
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
Our history has taught us that treating everyone with dignity and respect is vital to our ongoing success. We embrace and seek out diversity that is inclusive of thought, race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, medical condition, veteran or military status, experience and background. We find that this diversity and openness ensures that all our associates have equal access to opportunities and resources to contribute fully to the organization’s success, and it fuels innovation, improves strategic thinking and cultivates leadership.