Are you smart, driven, curious, resourceful, and not afraid to fail, then we want to meet you! Our team of bold, innovative, and creative teammates is what makes us the top startup to work for. FreightWaves delivers news and commentary, data, analytics, risk management tools, and actionable market insights to the industry. If you are ready to join our team, it is time for you to apply!
FreightWaves is seeking an experienced digital product manager, preferably with experience in the logistics/supply chain area. This role will lead a software development team in delivering leading-edge analytics tools to the logistics & supply chain industry.
**** This position is 100% remote!
What you will be doing:
- Leading a software development team in managing existing and/or creating new analytical tools
- Interfacing across different verticals of the business to collect and document constraints, requirements, measures of success and risks for the initiatives on which you work
- Leading development teams in standard agile ceremonies
- Writing user stories, testing software and all the other cross-functional tasks that you typically see in a start-up
- Working with a full-stack development team including data scientists
- Prioritizing development efforts to align with corporate strategy and development road map
- Lead software demos for internal and external audiences
- Working as the intermediary between the software development team and the rest of the business and ensuring alignment between the product team and the development team on requirements
- Analyzing usage data to gain insights on how clients use our software and advise on priorities based on this data
- Stay on top of industry trends and software tools offered to the industry
- Create and advise on product-related documentation
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager working on software development teams, preferably in an agile environment
- Experience or domain knowledge in the logistics / supply chain industry, (specifically with greenhouse gas emissions and/or maritime/ocean sections) is a bonus
- Able to break down large projects and create actionable plans from software prototypes or designs
- Ability and willingness to identify the need for and drive process improvement in FreightWaves’ SDLC
- Drive to lead a fast-paced team on mission critical projects
- Strong communication, analytical and critical-thinking skills
- An excellent work environment, flat hierarchies, and short decision paths.
- Competitive salary
- Work from home
- A generous benefits package including 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision and Life insurance, STD, LTD
- Concierge doctor on-call
- Stock options
- 401k with up to 3.5% match
- Training programs and career development opportunities
- Student-loan reimbursement
- Annual life achievement bonus of $2000 for having a baby, buying a house, or getting married (max one per year)
- No set days off Vacation policy (our team takes time off as needed with supervisor approval)
- Gym Membership
- Audible or Kindle Unlimited subscription
- FreightWaves strives for sustainability. We offset our carbon emissions.
- Discount on Ford vehicles